Our clinical coding auditors are highly skilled and experienced, with a high level of clinical coding knowledge and external audit experience. At Mamco, our clinical coders are happy to go the extra mile to ensure Australia’s health services maintain accurate medical coding data and prevent costly inaccuracies.
As well as clinical coding specialists, we are also trained in contract coding audits, including planning and reporting and providing audit optimisation samples. We can also take care of on-site and remote medical coding services, education and training.
Please contact us to organise for our contract clinical coders to come to your health service.
- Health Information Manager (HIM) with extensive tertiary level coding and auditing experience
- Owner and Principle Auditor of Mamco
- Audit Manager for AHA’s VAED audit program, 2014 to 2017
- Lecturer, La Trobe University, 2011 and 2013
- Past representative of the Victorian ICD Coding Committee.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management, La Trobe University, Melbourne.
- Cert External and Internal Clinical Coding Auditing La Trobe University, Melbourne.
- Diploma in Management, Swinburne University.
Kara is a HIM with many years’ experience in clinical coding services and auditing in the public and private health sectors. As a HIM with clinical coding expertise, Kara can interpret clinical documentation in order to apply the most accurate codes to each episode of admitted care.
Her recent work as the Audit Team Manager for AHA’s VAED audits has allowed her to further enhance her sound skills in contract coding audit management, report writing, data analysis and interpretation of all admitted patient data.
Kara has previously worked as the internal Audit Manager at Eastern Health and as a HIM at St Vincent’s Hospital. Kara has also lectured in Clinical Coding at La Trobe University, and was a member of Victorian ICD Coding Committee from 2010 to 2014.